Re: fmttest(1) Suffers Segmentation Violation.

2021-05-03 19:49:33
Hi,

This dumps core for me.

   fmttest --x y -forma ''

I've had a look at the code and I suspect it's an easy fix related to
spotting no messages have been provided before attempting to loop from 0
to 0 inclusive and indexing 0-1 but thought it better to leave the fix
to someone more confident in what's meant to happen.  :-)

Oh, strangely enough ... it's because it's trying to call seq_setprev()
with no messages set.

So, I guess "-message" is the default.  And that suggests to me if you
don't give a message on the command line, it should default to 'cur'
like other nmh programs, unless people think it makes sense to fail
in that case.

(And I realize from reading the man page I never documented what
-file/-nofile means).