Re: Bug reported regarding Unicode handling in email address

2021-06-02 10:56:17
On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 00:13:51 -0400, Ken Hornstein said:
So this bug was reported yesterday:

      https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?60713

I am wondering if the simplest solution is to put in isascii() in front
of those tests in that function.  We only really care about those tests
returning "true" for ASCII characters.  Thoughts?

It's early morning for me, and I'm still at least a liter of Diet Mountain Dew
away from being sufficiently caffeinated to be positive, but that looks like
"not totally correct, but a lot closer than what we have now".

In particular, that will accept overlong and illegal utf-8 codepoints, and
probably misbehaves in strange and unusual non-ascii/non-utf-8 things
like iso2022-jp.

Personally, I'd just stick the isascii() in there and wait for a bug report
regarding the previous paragraph. :)