mh-format incantation for non-empty body?

2021-08-02 11:20:25
I have a need in one specific folder to easily be able to tell (from
the scan output) whether the message has non-empty body content.  (The
folder contains "todo" items -- for most the subject is sufficient,
but sometimes there's supporting info in the message body.)

I'd like the scan output to simply contain (or not contain) a flag
character, similar to the '-' that can be set to indicate the presence
of a "Replied" header in some of the provided scan.form examples.

I tried to implement this.  And I tried again.  I tried for a couple
of hours one morning.  And then I forgot that my testing had been done
with files in /tmp, and I lost it all on the next reboot, so I can't
even show you what I tried.  (When will I learn...)

So.  Is what I want possible?  It sure felt like it should be!

paul

 paul fox, pgf@foxharp.boston.ma.us (arlington, ma, where it's 70.7 degrees)