super-mime-encoded..

2021-12-15 20:03:04
I have some mails which appear to be PKCS7 SMIME bodypart..
containing... PKCS7 SMIME bodypart.

It's like some emailers have to super-encode things. I haven't done
much debug, and I know this is being super-lazy, but even the Mail.app
on OSX barfs on it. I suspect its O365 which is sending it.

So.. is there a trick to get NMH to know to unwrap-the-unwrap?

What I've been doing is hand-decoding the SMIME bodypart once the
outer wrap is done, using OpenSSL. Probably, I'm asking if you can
take a non-header SMIME body, and somehow coerce NMH into doing its
decode on a 'naked' body with no header, but with basic MIME decor.

-G