Re: slocal and relation with rcvstore

2022-03-14 07:22:45
However the slocal(1) man page states: "Store the message in the nmh
folder named by string.  Currently this is handled by piping the message
to the nmh program rcvstore, although this may change in the future."

To give you a brief idea of the code history ...

This line does not appear in the man page for slocal from the last
MH release (6.8.5).

When MH was first converted to nmh by Richard Coleman, it seems that
somewhere along the way he added that line to the slocal man page.
We did not get any revision history from him and I don't think he's
on this mailing list anymore, so we have no idea what he was thinking.
That line exists in the man page from the initial commit to our
repository.

So it's been at least 23 years since that line was written, and it hasn't
changed just yet :-)