perl-i18n

Is there an i18n framework available for perl?

2003-03-25 14:44:40
Does anyone know if there's an i18n framework available for perl - I've
looked at CPAN but so far havn't found anything:

AFAIK we have stuff such as Locale::MakeText, Math::Currency,
Number::Format, various collation modules, the up and coming DateTime etc
which all have some i18n support, but nothing "binding them together" - a
framework based along the lines of, say, java locale and resource bundles
would be quite nice, even if it had some limitations.

Is there anything like that around, or does anyone know if something like
that planned for perl6?

Thanks,
--
Rich
scriptyrich(_at_)yahoo(_dot_)co(_dot_)uk