perl-i18n

"use utf8" in Locale::Maketext

2003-06-05 19:30:24
Jouke Visser, a fellow Locale::Maketext user, pointed out that if I added a "use utf8" to Maketext.pm, it would fix Maketext's dealings with utf8 data.

Would anyone object if I went and added the "use utf8;" to the start of Maketext.pm? Clearly the problem would be that users with Perls pre-dating utf8.pm wouldn't be able to use Maketext then.

I figure since this list has (I think) several people responsible for Maketext-based systems, it's a good place to talk about this.
--
Sean M. Burke    http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/