perl-i18n

Re: encodings in Pod::Simple

2003-07-05 09:12:31
On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 06:14:37PM -0800, Sean M. Burke wrote:
Oop, one more assumption I'd like to be able to make:

* Unless a Pod file starts with a BOM, the Pod processor will assume that
it's in Latin-1 or UTF8, unless/until there's an =encoding directive
seen.  So if you're writing a Pod file in any other encoding, you /must/
have an =encoding line.  So if I were writing a Pod file in Russian, my
first Pod line would have to be "=encoding cp1251".

Is that sane?

Verily.  As was the other assumptions in your previous mail.

Thanks for a nice analysis! :-)

/Autrijus/