perl-i18n

Locale::Maketext::Gettext 1.24 Released

2008-02-25 12:40:44
Dear whoever is using Locale::Maketext::Gettext,

    Locale::Maketext::Gettext 1.24 is released, after another year.
This release adds support for GNU gettext pgettext() as pmaketext(), to
translate messages in a particular context.

    Thanks to Chris Travers <chris(_dot_)travers(_at_)gmail(_dot_)com> for the
suggestion.
I was away from the GNU gettext development for too long.

    GNU gettext pgettext() (and hence pmaketext()) is an important
improvement for GUI applications, which may have short menu items that
are ambiguous to translators without its menu context.  If you do not
know what is "context", refer to:

11.2.5 Using contexts for solving ambiguities
http://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/gettext.html#Contexts

    Effectively, failure_handler_auto() differs from its
Locale::Maketext parent method from now on.

    Please tell me if there is any problem.  Your feedbacks are welcome.
Thank you.

--
Best regards,
imacat ^_*' <imacat(_at_)mail(_dot_)imacat(_dot_)idv(_dot_)tw>

Tavern IMACAT's: http://www.imacat.idv.tw/