perl-unicode

Pretty Good Bidi Algorithm 2.4 released

1999-11-29 10:11:41
The changes to the bidi code for version 2.3 ended up producing totally
incorrect results.  Version 2.4 restores the working algorithm with a couple
of small performance improvements.

My apologies to anyone who has spent hours looking at the 2.3 PGBA output and
wondering what went wrong :-)

  [FTP]
  ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/ucdata.zip
  ftp://crl.nmsu.edu/CLR/multiling/unicode/ucdata.tar.gz

  [Web]
  http://crl.nmsu.edu/~mleisher/ucdata.html

The implicit directional reordering results from IBM's ICU bidi, Dov
Grobgeld's FriBidi, and my PGBA will be added to the UCData web site by the
end of the week along with the small test programs I wrote for each package.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab            I have never made but one prayer to God,
New Mexico State University       a very short one:
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL                 "Oh Lord, make my enemies ridiculous."
Las Cruces, NM  88003             And God granted it.  -- Voltaire, letter