perl-unicode

how to support unicode in Perl/cgi web applications

2000-01-07 00:54:10
Hello,

I am new to this list and I like to ask the Perl-unicode guru's in this list
some questions.

Does Perl (standard release, without additional modules) already supports
unicode?

If so, can somebody point me in some direction how to implement unicode in
my Perl/cgi applications, so I can serve e.g. Japanese html-pages. At this
moment I have no idea how to implement it.

I have also read about the unicode modules from Aas/Schwartz. Do I need
these modules?

Does anybody have (or know where to find on the internet) a sample perl/cgi
script which uses/supports unicode?

Thanks in advance,

Marco Kleefman
The Netherlands