perl-unicode

AW: one more question!!

2000-09-06 08:47:25
Niral,

Oracle DBD reads UTF8 database characters as bytes. No matter
what NLS_LANG you set in the environment. What is needed is
a DBD Oracle Version which supports utf8 and can tell Perl
how to treat the strings correctly.

I once made patches to DBDOracle for this on an older version.
Since then there have been new releases where my patches will
not work any longer. Best to ask the mailing list dbi_users
when to expect this feature in an official release.

Unfortunately I do not have the time right now to reapply
my patches again.

Regards, Stefan

-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Niral Trivedi [mailto:niral(_dot_)trivedi(_at_)insage(_dot_)com]
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 6. September 2000 17:37
An: perl-unicode(_at_)perl(_dot_)org
Betreff: one more question!!

All,

I have one more question here.. And sorry again for that..

How can we read data from a unicode database and display on webpage???
for example i have one oracle db set for unicode data. so, when i am
trying to select data from that database and display it on a webpage it
displays funny characters!!!

what i am doing is, selecting from database and spitting back on a
template which has meta tag to display 'UTF-8' chars.. and i am using IE
5.0 for viewing..

Any idea??

TIA again..

Niral