perl-unicode

Re: the dangers of Unicode

2000-10-23 10:15:22
On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 10:02:44AM -0700, bstell(_at_)ix(_dot_)netcom(_dot_)com
wrote:
The bottom line of this argument is that we should only
support ascii (read English) or the secutity code
will be harder to write.

I wouldn't read the articule in such a desperate tone.  All it says is
that Unicode is much, much harder to get right than ASCII because
Unicode is much more complex and even with the decades of practice for
the latter people still don't get it right.  So we should tread
carefully and be extra paranoid.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen