perl-unicode

Re: ICU + Perl license issues

2001-01-13 20:48:00
Ed Batutis wrote:
I curious if we can pool our efforts.

You have any ideas in particular in mind?

My recent foray into License Land indicates that you shouldn't try to
distribute ICU as part of your wrapper code unless you are using IBM's public
license - which I don't recommended - but I doubt you were going to do that
anyway.

1. There's no plan to distribute ICU as part of picu. ICU is big and changes
   a lot, and picu is small and changes a lot.

2. There's already alpha working code for part of picu at
http://picu.sourceforge.net

3. We welcome programming help for any of the ICU API groups, but especially
   iterators, Bidi and collation, which are not even on our radar yet.

   The CVS problems on SourceForge have impeded things a little, but not much.

James.