perl-unicode

Re: Some Encode::TW test results.

2002-02-20 00:52:38
Autrijus Tang <autrijus(_at_)autrijus(_dot_)org> writes:

Note that the Big5+ spec at <http://www.cmex.org.tw/download-b5.html> specified
a rather comprehensive set of official big5<=>ucs2 mappings, the relevant
part of it are available at <http://autrijus.org/big5-ucs.tar.gz>. Their format
should be self-descriptory; I wonder if it's possible to use that table to
fill in the missing codepoints, or should we add a 'big5p' encoding?

If you - as perl's Big5 expert - say that that is the one to go with that
is good enough for me.

"compile" can take two forms - Tcl's .enc files which are packed UCS2
values - and ICU's .ucm files which are human readable and commentable
text files. (Compile can also convert between the two.)

If you can massage big5-ucs.tar.gz into big5.ucm form then it should
be a simple matter to make Encode::TW use it.
If not I will take a look when I can ...

Anyway, I'll get some more tests (and get GB working) when I wake up.

Hope that helps,
/Autrijus/

--
Nick Ing-Simmons