perl-unicode

Re: Chinese puzzle, continued.

2002-03-06 21:38:33
On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 10:30:06AM +0800, Autrijus Tang wrote:
Since HZ spanned across the Blocks listed in HZ.pm's regex, and
contains various Scripts, the HZ.pm's decode is simply broken.
Sorry for that. :-/

As Encode.pm doesn't have a $check semantic yet, I implemented
it again using a less elegant loop, and commented it thoroughly;
the patch is included below. It probably can use another rewrite
once $check is implemented, so we can use partial decoding to
tell where does the GB2312 stream ends.

Also, I finished the test suite for CN and TW. As they contain
8-bit characters, I attached them separately as two .gz files;
they should be placed into //depot/perl/ext/Encode/t/.

Thanks, applied.

--
$jhi++; # http://www.iki.fi/jhi/
        # It is 'dead'. -- Jack Cohen