perl-unicode

Time to upload Encode to CPAN?

2002-03-19 09:19:15
On Wednesday, March 20, 2002, at 01:01 , Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
You may want to grab

        http://www.iki.fi/jhi/Encode-for-Dan.tgz

and make that 0.91 (Sadahiro's tweaks, one tweak from NI-S)

Yikes. I just made 0.91 with Sadahiro's but without the from NI-S. But it is only at http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-0.91.tar.gz so it's no big deal.

Is the time high that one of us upload Encode to CPAN to further avoid race condition? If so we should decide who's going to be the maintainer. If no one objects, I can humbly pick the burden of being the maintainer. The situation is already somewhat awkward since Autrijius have already uploaded the submodule to CPAN.

Dan the Yet Another Encode Hacker

P.S. Finland seems far tonite. it goes like this twice already. I'll wait for a while before the net attempt.

 fetch http://www.iki.fi/jhi/Encode-for-Dan.tgz
Receiving Encode-for-Dan.tgz (774824 bytes): 27%
212030 bytes transferred in 123.4 seconds (1.68 kBps)
fetch: transfer timed out
fetch: Encode-for-Dan.tgz appears to be truncated: 212030/774824 bytes