perl-unicode

Encode-0.97 uploaded

2002-03-23 13:39:51
Encode Hackers,

Encode-0.97 was uploaded as

http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-0.97.tar.gz

as well as CPAN.  Here are changes;

0.97  Sun Mar 24 2002
! CN/CN.pm
! KR/KR.pm
! TW/TW.pm
  EBCDIC detection mechanism installed as in JP/JP.pm
! Byte/Makefile.PL
! CN/Makefile.PL
! EBCDIC/Makefile.PL
! JP/Makefile.PL
! KR/Makefile.PL
! Symbol/Makefile.PL
! TW/Makefile.PL
  Now all table files used by compile are postfixed '_t' to avoid
  namespace collisions in case insensitive file systems once for all!
  inspired by:
! Byte/Makefile.PL
  duplicate occurance of ascii.ucm and 8859-1.ucm
  causes MacOS X dlyd to cloak
! t/CN.t
! t/Encode.t
! t/JP.t
! t/TW.t
! t/Tcl.t
  <     chdir 't' if -d 't';
  ---
  >     if (! -d 'blib' and -d 't'){ chdir 't' };
  When you are "make test"-ing on Encode/ directory, you  must not
  change $ENV{PWD}.  t/JP.t has been fixed before but others somehow
  remain unchanced.  Also the situation detection was made simpler
  in t/JP.t, which was originally;
  > chdir 't' if -d 't' and $ENV{PWD} !~ m,/Encode[^/]*$,o;
! Encode.pm
  "Use of uninitialized value in string eq at Encode.pm line 96."
! Symbol/Makefile.PL
! EBCDIC/Makefile.PL
! AUTHOR
  -- Problem on case insensitive file systems
  "coexist of ebcdic.c <> EBCDIC.c on Cygwin not possible"

I hope this will be stable enough for code freeze (but Pod may be further revised. jhi, is pod revision considered 'Code' in 'Code Freeze'?)

Dan the Encode Maintainer