perl-unicode

Re: FYI: Shift_JIS handling in Java

2002-03-26 04:54:34
Miyagawa-kun,

On Tuesday, March 26, 2002, at 03:55 , Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
FYI:

See how Java tackles difficulty in Shift_JIS/MS932 processing.

http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4556882.html
http://www.ingrid.org/java/i18n/encoding/shift_jis.html

Thanks for the info. I tend to stay away from Java, even though I am a caffeine addict. ....I've checked it out and I can only say they were out of their minds when they first let cp932 handle vanilla Shift_JIS. Fortunately for Encode (and Jcode), Shift_JIS has always been generic. I also recalled where Java was located in Larry's diagram in State of Onion and chuckled.

Dan the (En|J)code Maintainer