perl-unicode

More words on CJK-Guide (Was: Re: CJK-Guide)

2002-03-27 00:43:42
On Wednesday, March 27, 2002, at 01:52 , Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
I looked at it once more, and I'm torn.  It does contain a lot good
information, so I would like to have it Encode for 5.8.0, but at the
same time, I must say that it is quite Unicode-negative.  Not quite as
negative as I've seen elsewehere, you have much more pragmatic (as its
appropriate to Perl :-) tone, but still I think it's too opinionated.
I think it's okay to mention the controversy (since the controversy is
real, it exists), but it shouldn't be one of the main subjects of
a "CJK-guide".  I hope the perl-unicode list can work at it together,
but then again, I'm looking at the calendar, we don't have endless
time in our hands...

I have already announced Encode::CJKguide be dropped. But I can still make a web page and add the link to other documents. That way I am less bound to political correctness. And Encode as a whole is my priority number one. So CJKguide needs to wait a while....

Dan