perl-unicode

Re: patch 15589/Encode 1.00 update: icelend->icelandic

2002-03-29 23:24:24
On Saturday, March 30, 2002, at 12:52 , Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
I think, the renaming is a mishap, right?

Ping?

Pong.  Sorry.  I'm listening now.

-<code_set_name> "maciceland"
+<code_set_name> "MacIcelandic"

I see no justification for the change, I mean the appended "ic", not
the StudlyCaps. The official filename seems to be

    http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE/ICELAND.TXT

so there is no "ic". I don't mind an alias (as the appended patch
defines), but we should be strict in canonical names.

  Okay.  I've checked

http://www.unicode.org/Public/MAPPINGS/VENDORS/APPLE/

One more time and it seems that other missing encodings are available as well, such as korean. I'll look into that.

The patch also changes a few places in the pod, mostly obvious typos,
but also things that I had difficulties to understand. I hope the new
wording is better for others.

A new alias allows for both "mac" and "mac_" as prefix as found in
some other programming language.

Vielen Dank!

Dan the Encode Maintainer