perl-unicode

Re: [Encode] MacIceland(ic)?, once again.

2002-04-01 09:40:09
Dan Kogai <dankogai(_at_)dan(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp> writes:
On Tuesday, April 2, 2002, at 01:00 , Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
I also found MacR(o|u)manian disambiguous.  There were both
ROMANIAN.TXT
and RUMANIAN.TXT with different table.  So # ouououou alias have to be
gone...

Beware of MacRoman.ucm vs MacRomanian.ucm in 8.3, you can't just
simply truncate the latter, you must change the name somehow.

  I know.  This one causes serious headache.  Simply picking up
consonants won't work because it is vowel that needs to be different....

Not really with .ucm - the true name is inside you could have

MacRumother ...

FYI, I do check83.pl before the release since 0.99 or so....

Dan
--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/