perl-unicode

Re: [Encode] Farsi is Okay. The problem is in Indics!

2002-04-05 08:48:10

    Jarkko> No, I'm not mistaken, I know that Farsi and Indics are different.
    Jarkko> While Googling for the Farsi encodings I just got worried by the
    Jarkko> frequent mentions of the bidi complications.  But Roozbeh would
    Jarkko> know for certain, instead of us non-Farsi trying to sound like
    Jarkko> experts...

I think in the case of Persian, most of the complexities involve visual
encodings as opposed to logical encodings like ISIRI3342.  Same as in Hebrew.
Reversing visual encodings properly can get complicated at times.  One classic
example is the Persian Hamshahri visual encoding.
Mark Leisher
Computing Research Lab                    Television has raised writing
New Mexico State University               to a new low.
Box 30001, Dept. 3CRL                       -- Samuel Goldwyn
Las Cruces, NM  88003