perl-unicode

[Encode] 1.30 released

2002-04-07 19:54:58
I am too sleepy to abstain from releasing ver. 1.30 of Encode, available at

http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/Encode-1.30.tar.gz

as well as CPAN. Since the diff against perl-current was only less than 700 lines, patch was made available as

http://www.dan.co.jp/~dankogai/current-1.30-diff.gz

The update is strongly encouraged because there was at least one nit that may be categorized as a bug (but unlikely to stop the show; see below). This bugfix led to an improved useability as well. Module autoloading is now much cleaner and more intuitive.

Also added was Encode::Encoder. Just have a look and you will find why something like this was missing from the current.

Enjoy! And good morning (Remind you I am VERY nocturnal and it is 11:54 AM, JST).

Dan the Encode Maintainer

1.30 $Date: 2002/04/08 02:34:51 $
+ lib/Encode/Encoder.pm
  Object Oriented Encoder.  I reckon something like this is in need.
! Encode.pm
! t/Unicode.pm
! lib/Encode/Supported.pod
  * autoloading bug that prevented upper-case canonicals such as UTF-16
    is fixed.  Now even UTF/UCS are autoloaded!
  * encodings() is now more intuitive.
  * t/Unicode.t fixed to explicitly use Unicode.pm -- BOM values are
    stored therein.
  * Obligatory fixes to the POD.
! lib/Encode/Supported.pod
  Patch from Anton applied.
! Encode.pm
! lib/Encode/Unicode.pm
  Cosmetic changes: "bless $obj, $class" => "bless $obj => class"