perl-unicode

Re: Text::Unidecode

2002-04-10 01:43:28
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002 02:01:34 -0600, "Sean M. Burke"
<sburke(_at_)cpan(_dot_)org> said:

  > Random question: Has anyone besides me had occasion to use Text::Unidecode?

Sorry, no. I was interested, but my decoding needs are both so limited
and Text::Unidecode didn't meet my requirements, so I made up my own
and *forgot* about Text::Unidecode. I'll give it another try. What I
really like is the decoding of punctuation.

BTW, What I needed was the German official transliteration:

LATIN CAPITAL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS   => Ae or AE
LATIN CAPITAL LETTER O WITH DIAERESIS   => Oe or OE
LATIN CAPITAL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS   => Ue or UE
LATIN SMALL LETTER A WITH DIAERESIS     => ae
LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH DIAERESIS     => oe
LATIN SMALL LETTER U WITH DIAERESIS     => ue

--
andreas