perl-unicode

Re: iso-2022-jp problem

2002-04-15 12:08:59
On Tuesday, April 16, 2002, at 01:06 , Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:
So we need some way of telling from an encoding object (e.g.
an attribute or a method call) that it needs line buffering
so that :encoding layer can take the appropriate steps.

Okay, which way do you like, attribute or method ? I think method is more elegant but attribute seems easier to fetch. Since this is more for PerlIO than Encode itself, I would appreciate if you gave me the API (just name would be enough) and I will add them to ISO-2022 stuff (not just JP but KR has one, too).

Dan