perl-unicode

Unicode::Unihan 0.01 uploaded to CPAN

2002-04-26 00:34:02
I have made a perl module called Unicode::Unihan, a module which makes accessing the Unihan DB very easily. Readme after my sig.

As for the copyright and such I've read thru the original Unicode-Unihan-3.2.0 and I concluded I have no problem publicizing this but if it does infringe any of such, tell me and I'll remove it from CPAN.

Dan the Open Source Developer
--
_____  Dan Kogai
  __/ ____   CEO, DAN co. ltd.

Unicode::Unihan
===============

INSTALLATION

To install this module type the following:

   perl Makefile.PL
   make
   make test
   make install

DEPENDENCIES

This module requires perl 5.6 or better.

NAME
       Unicode::Unihan - The Unihan Data Base 3.2

SYNOPSIS
         use Unicode::Unihan;
         my $db = new Unicode::Unihan;
print join("," => $db->Mandarin("\x{5c0f}\x{98fc}\x{5f3e}"), "\n";

ABSTRACT
       This module provides a user-friendly interface to the Uni-
       code Unihan Database 3.2.  With this module, the Unihan
       database is as easy as shown in the SYNOPSIS above.

DESCRIPTION
       The first thing you do is make the database available.
       Just say

         use Unicode::Unihan;
         my $db = new Unicode::Unihan;

       That's all you have to say.  After that, you can access
       the database via $db->tag($string) where tag is the tag in
       the Unihan Database, without 'k' prefix.

       $data = $db->tag($string) =item @data = $db->tag($string)
           The first form (scalar context) returns the Unihan
           Database entry of the first character in $string.  The
           second form (array context) checks the entry for each
           character in $string.

             @data = $db->Mandarin("\x{5c0f}\x{98fc}\x{5f3e}");
             # @data is now ('SHAO4 XIAO3','SI4','DAN4')

             @data = $db->JapaneseKun("\x{5c0f}\x{98fc}\x{5f3e}");
# @data is now ('CHIISAI KO O','KAU YASHINAU','TAMA HAZUMU HIKU')

SEE ALSO
       the perlunintro manpage
       the perlunicode manpage
       The Unihand Database, in Text
         http://www.unicode.org/Public/3.2-Update/Uni-
         han-3.2.0.txt.gz

AUTHOR
       For the Module: Dan Kogai <dankogai(_at_)home(_dot_)dan(_dot_)intra>

       For the Source Data: Unicode, Inc.

COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
       For the Module:
        Copyright 2002 by Dan Kogai, All rights reserved.

       This library is free software; you can redistribute it
       and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself.

       For the Source Data:

       Copyright (c) 1996-2002 Unicode, Inc. All Rights reserved.

        Name: Unihan database
        Unicode version: 3.2.0
        Table version: 1.1
        Date: 15 March 2002