perl-unicode

Apache::GuessCharset - Encode::Guess + I18N::Charset

2002-04-30 05:30:15
Hi,

I've made a tiny PerlFixupHandler to guess files' encodings and
automatically add charset attribute into Content-Type accorging to the
guess, using Encode::Guess and I18N::Charset.

This module can be a powerfull replacement/suppliment for Apache's
Add*Charset stuff. The module can be downloaded from
http://bulknews.net/lib/archives/Apache-GuessCharset-0.01.tar.gz

Well, this module uses I18N::Charset internally to translate encoding
names into IANA registerd name (and its own table to convert it to
preferred MIME again). How about porting this module into Encode,
which might be useful?

Thanks,

--
Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa(_at_)edge(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp>

NAME
    Apache::GuessCharset - adds HTTP charset by guessing file's encoding

SYNOPSIS
      PerlModule Apache::GuessCharset
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlFixupHandler Apache::GuessCharset

      # how many bytes to read for guessing (default 512)
      PerlSetVar GuessCharsetBufferSize 1024

      # list of encoding suspects
      PerlSetVar GuessCharsetSuspects euc-jp
      PerlAddVar GuessCharsetSuspects shiftjis
      PerlAddVar GuessCharsetSuspects 7bit-jis

DESCRIPTION
    Apache::GuessCharset is an Apache handler which adds HTTP charset
    attribute by automaticaly guessing file' encodings via Encode::Guess.

CONFIGURATION
    This module uses following configuration variables.

    GuessCharsetSuspects
        a list of encodings for "Encode::Guess" to check. See the
        Encode::Guess manpage for details.

    GuessCharsetBufferSize
        specifies how many bytes for this module to read from source file,
        to properly guess encodings. default is 512.

AUTHOR
    Tatsuhiko Miyagawa <miyagawa(_at_)bulknews(_dot_)net>

    This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
    under the same terms as Perl itself.

SEE ALSO
    the Encode::Guess manpage, the Apache::File manpage