perl-unicode

Re: use encoding in both scripts and modules

2002-05-06 03:12:16
On Monday, May 6, 2002, at 07:01 , Tatsuhiko Miyagawa wrote:
yep, I know duplicate calls to "use encoding ..." is discouraged (as
written in docs). But is this "panic" thing as expected?

That's a mystery needs to be solved but PerlIO is very sensitive to memory issues and that may be it -- it pacics right AFTER the print statement.

Anyway, "use encoding" should be more intuitive (though I still discourage the very use of it in modules -- scripts are fine and that's what encoding.pm is for) and let me think if I can make it more intuitive....

Dan