perl-unicode

Re: Encode::MIME::Header for perl 5.6.1

2002-05-15 08:34:04
On Thursday, May 16, 2002, at 01:05 AM, Uri Cohen wrote:
I want to use Encode::MIME::Header but I only have perl 5.6.1 (from ActiveState), which is the latest version for MSWindows.
Is it possible? I really need just this module.

Well, you are welcome to port it if you really need it. So far Encode as a whole depends too much on Perl 5.8 internals to porting (and I would rather see Perl 5.8 quickly replace Perl 5.6 and below than help people stick with older perl. To me Perl 5.8 is Perl 5.6 Done right). However, Encode::MIME::Header itself is a pure perl script so it should be much, much easier to backport if necessary. Or you can write a module that just does that. You are free to use the code in Encode::MIME::Header.

Or you just have to wait a month or two. I believe ActivePerl 5.8 will be available as soon as Perl 5.8 is available. Which way you go depends on how insatiable you are....

Dan the Encode Maintainer