perl-unicode

Re: ICU and Parrot

2002-06-01 10:22:43
On Saturday, June 1, 2002, at 04:37 AM, Autrijus Tang wrote:
Understood.

In a related note:

http://www.li18nux.org/docs/html/CodesetAliasTable-V10.html

has spurred quite a bit discussion in Taiwan because of the mandated
standardization of Big5 => TCA-BIG5, and Big5-HKSCS => HKSCS-BIG5 (i.e.
the standard body first.)  But it struck me as making lots of sense,
if in a rather rigid way.

Should Encode.pm probably add them to the Alias table, in the name of
'practical'? In particular, supporting CP-xxx (=> CPxxx) and ISO-646-US
(=> US-ASCII) should be rather beneficial.

/Autrijus/

Shoot. With RC1 so close I wished none of us found this ;) Since we are so close to RC1 I think I need to get a consent of Jarkko the Whipper before patches.

I believe my choices of canonical names need no change but I consider glibc convention "standard" enough to deserve aliases.

So jhi, what do you say? With your approval I'll go ahead fix aliases and documentations. Files that will be fixed are as follows

ext/Encode/lib/Encode/Alias.pm
ext/Encode/t/Alias.t

Yes, .pm included. I will also fix PODs of Encode::XX that are affected by the doc above.

Dan the Encode Maintainer

P.S. Sorry for my slow response. Backache and World Cup Soccer are to blame....