perl-unicode

Re: Encode with Perl < 5.7

2002-07-22 03:30:05
Hi,

On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 02:18:55PM +0900, Dan Kogai wrote:
On Sunday, July 21, 2002, at 02:36 AM, Axel Rose wrote:
My need is often to convert between macroman and latin1/9.
I tried Unicode::String and XML::Encoding without success.

On perlmonks someone hinted to you the .umc files and try my
own translation...

I'm writing that in pure Perl right now.  It is pre-alpha but it can
already translate between arbitrary 8 bit codesets plus UTF-8.  To
decode from UTF-8 you currently need Perl 5.6.x or higher.  Let
me know if you want to try it out, it may already be sufficient for
your needs.

Ciao

Guido
--