perl-unicode

[Encode] enc2xs fixes

2002-09-02 14:30:05
On Sunday, Sep 1, 2002, at 18:10 Asia/Tokyo, Andreas J. Koenig wrote:
Apparently I'm missing something. 'make manifest' is only good for the
expert, because you need to know which lines you have to delete from
MANIFEST after running 'make manifest'. That's not obvious. If you
know a trivial way to write a correct MANIFEST file, I'd be grateful
if you could add it. Maybe then some of my documentation changes are
not needed.

Right. MANIFEST generation is not as trivial as it looks and 'make manifest' does it trivially-too trivially....

[snip]

But I am not so happy if enc2xs becomes behemoth like h2xs.  Man, I
thought I had soothed all the feeping creaturism before the release of
5.8.0....

Please see if the patch below makes it a behemoth. It does just the
following:

Add Usage().
Add Version().
Add -h and -v.
Die on an insufficient commandline.
Removed @ARGV from the arguments to call the to make_configlocal_pm().
Document what find_e2x does in a comment.
Speed up find_e2x considerably.
Tweak documentation.

Thank you. Now your patch is in my repository. But since we are not in urgency, I would like to wait for NI-XS for his tweaks/fix for 'use encoding "utf8"' workaround. Besides, I am a little busy taming Jaguar right now...

Dan the Encode Maitainer.