perl-unicode

Re: Is \p{EastAsianFullwidth} worth implementing?

2002-09-19 11:30:05
Uhhh, why?  Not that I have anything in particular against East Asian
widths, but why it has to be included in core Perl?

Well, why add EastAsianWidth.txt in the unicore/ in the first place? :-)

Because it comes with the standard Unicode data files...

User-defined Unicode character properties (character classes), are publicly
documented in perlunicode.pod.

I'll be happy to oblige and make a U::EAW with that, then.

If it is found to work fine, we can certainly merge that later back
into the core (maybe when Unicode 3.2.1 comes out).

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this
special