perl-unicode

Re: Re[4]: Encode::compat 0.01 says "Unsupported conversion"

2002-10-04 08:30:04
On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 04:24:51PM +0200, Robert Allerstorfer wrote:
Similary, I have found some limitations on certain platforms:
                s/^utf8$/utf-8/i unless $^O eq "hpux";
                s/^utf-8$/UTF-8/i if $^O eq "solaris";
                s/^ucs-2$/ucs2/i if $^O eq "hpux";
                s/^ucs-2$/UCS-2/i if $^O eq "solaris";
                s/^shiftjis$/sjis/i;
                s/^sjis$/SJIS/i if $^O eq "solaris";
I used this code on Encode::compat 0.02 and will now have to fit it to
0.04.

Would it be too much to ask for a list of such libiconv-incompatibility
map, or at least a pointer to the supported canonical names of those
recoders?

You have announced that you are planning to use Unicode::MapUTF8
instead of Text::Iconv in a future version. Will this add more
platform independency?

Maybe.  But you can just install GNU libiconv on pretty much any
platform and link Text::Iconv against that.

Miyagawa-san has suggested that he might be able to provide a Jcode.pm
interface to ::compat, which should also help against japanese-based
recoding as well.

/Autrijus/