perl-unicode

Re: RFC 2231 (was Re: Encode::MIME::Header...)

2002-10-09 00:30:08
Dan Kogai <dankogai(_at_)dan(_dot_)co(_dot_)jp> writes:

But once again, You don't have be stuck in Encode::MIME::Header.  It's
just one of more ways to do it  (Though it seems to be more practical
than MIME::QuotedPrint when it comes to header encoding since
Encode::MIME::Header also does line foldings).

But given that Encode::MIME::Header exists and is "cluttering up" my
machine's memory it is a pity it does not do a _little_ more.

Is there any volunteer to write MIME::Header ?

I need _something_ for tkmail, I can either submit patches for
existing module(s) or write Yet-Another-MIME module.
(tkmail is an interactive mail tool - as such some of existing modules
are a little sluggish when handling mailboxes of 2000 MIME messages.)

There is MIME::Head
already, included in authors/id/E/ER/ERYQ/MIME-tools-5.411a but does it
do header encoding?

No. It doesn't do body encoding either - it will give you the octets and
you can pattern match for charset in Content-Type.

(I pretty much doubt that but I am CCing this to
eryq(_at_)zeegee(_dot_)com anyway)  Me?  I'm already exhausted with Encode as
whole...

Dan the Encode Maintainer
--
Nick Ing-Simmons