perl-unicode

comment about big5

2002-12-05 12:30:05
Hi,

I noticed while searching for something that it was felt that
the original Big5 is "not used anywhere in the world", and this
feeling was put into the POD of some perl module. Unfortunately,
this statement is false.

Pre-OS-X MacOS's by default (by which I mean the system fonts
which come with these OS's) use this original encoding. In fact,
if you feed it Big5-eten or any other variant, and the font
doesn't support it, the system behaves in very strange ways
(worse than the corresponding situation in Windows or Unix).

(This might have little to do with perl, but the statement
itself is not factually correct.)

Regards,

--
Ambrose Li