perl-unicode

beginniner's 5.6.1 latin1<->utf8 question

2003-01-10 11:30:06

At one point I had a regex which perfectly converts the string A below into
a series of &#234; strings.
This is nice for me, because I just sling them out on the web, and as
entities, they always seem to work.

I've lost the regex, can't seem to find it. I know it had chr or ord in it.

I've been reading the perl-unicode archives, and googling, but I just don't
see it.

This is for perl5.6.1 with Sun's (reputedly?) sick iconv.

If someone could tap me in the right direction...

Thx in advance

designated recipient(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient of
this message you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination,
communication is for information purposes only and should not be regarded as an
offer to sell or as a solicitation of an offer to buy any financial product, an
official confirmation of any transaction, or as an official statement of Lehman
Brothers.  Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free.
Therefore, we do not represent that this information is complete or accurate
and it should not be relied upon as such.  All information is subject to change
without notice.