perl-unicode

Sending a Unicode character in an e-mail subject line

2003-02-26 00:30:05
Hi

I am new to this list, but I have tried to search through the archives, to no
avail. I hope you can help me.

I am trying to send a Unicode character in an e-mail subject line, without
success.

Does anyone know how to encode it? I have been trying my luck with
quoted-printable, like

        =?UTF-8?Q?=E5=B8=AE?=

or

        =?UTF-8?Q?=5E2E?=

or

        =?UTF-8?B?Xi4?=

But all I can possible get in my e-mail client is a question mark or possibly
the string '&:' (which I believe is telling me I am way off course).

I have no trouble sending Unicode characters in the e-mail body, using the
UTF-7 character set - the character I am trying to send above looks like this
in the body source

        +Xi4-

/Henning