perl-unicode

IUC24 Call for Papers - September 2003 - Atlanta, Georgia

2003-04-10 13:30:08
Hi folks,

Yes, it is time to get thinking about the September Unicode conference in
Atlanta. Please see the information below and check out the website for
conference themes and suggested topics for papers.  Submissions are due
May 2.

Thank you,   Martin.

    Twenty-fourth Internationalization and Unicode Conference (IUC24)
     Unicode, Internationalization, the Web: Powering Global Business

                         See Call for Papers at:
               http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/call.html

                          September 3-5, 2003
                            Atlanta, Georgia

                    Submissions due: May 2, 2003
                  Notification date: May 23, 2003
                Completed papers due: June 13, 2003
           (in electronic form and camera-ready paper form)

WHAT'S NEW

Each conference's theme is different, allowing key subject areas
to be explored in depth. This conference will explore global
business needs and solutions and the impact of new technologies.

Go to the conference web site for a graphical version of this message:
http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/call.html

INVITATION TO SUBMIT PAPERS

The Internationalization & Unicode Conference is the premier technical
conference worldwide for both software and Web internationalization.
The conference features tutorials, lectures, and panel discussions that
provide coverage of standards, best practices, and recent advances in the
globalization of software and the Internet. The conference continues to
provide a forum for identifying and discussing new issues in this field.

New technologies, innovative Internet applications, and the evolving
Unicode Standard bring new challenges along with their new capabilities.
This technical conference will explore the opportunities created by the latest
advances, how to leverage them, and the potential pitfalls. Their impact on
business and the problem areas that need further research will also be
identified. Best practices for designing applications that can accommodate
any language will be demonstrated.

Attendees benefit from the wide range of basic to advanced topics and the
opportunities for dialog and idea exchange with experts and peers.
We invite you to submit papers that relate to Unicode or any aspect of
software and Web Internationalization, with special emphasis on the themes
discussed below. You can view the programs of previous conferences at:
http://www.unicode.org/unicode/conference/about-conf.html

CONFERENCE ATTENDEES

Conference attendees are generally involved in either the development and
deployment of Unicode software, or the globalization of software and the
Internet. They include managers, software engineers, testers, systems
analysts, program managers, font designers, graphic designers, content
developers, web designers, web administrators, site coordinators, technical
writers, and product marketing personnel.

THEME: INTERNATIONAL COMPUTING SOLUTIONS FOR GLOBAL BUSINESS

"International Computing Solutions for Global Business" is the overall
theme of the Conference.

In today's tight economy, companies are looking for productivity
improvements and increased international sales. One of many challenges is
to maximize use of existing resources while accomplishing these achievements.
Another is to incorporate new standards and technologies to gain competitive
features.

In support of the theme and these challenges, papers on GLOBAL BUSINESS and
NEW TECHNOLOGIES are requested. More details on the theme and other topics
of interest can be found at our web site:
http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc24/call.html

We invite you to submit papers which define tomorrow's computing, demonstrate
best practices in computing today, or articulate problems that must be
solved before further advances can occur. Presentations should be geared
towards a technical audience.

EXHIBIT OPPORTUNITIES

The Conference SHOWCASE area is for corporations and individuals who wish
to display and promote their products, technology and/or services. Every
effort will be made to provide maximum exposure, advertising and traffic.

Exhibit space is limited.  For further information or to reserve a place,
please contact Global Meeting Services at
info(_at_)global-conference(_dot_)com(_dot_)

CONFERENCE VENUE

   DoubleTree Hotel Atlanta Buckhead
   3342 Peachtree Road
   Atlanta, GA  30326

   Tel:  +1-404-231-1234
   Fax:  +1-404-231-3112

THE UNICODE CONSORTIUM

The Unicode Consortium is a non-profit organization dedicated to the
development, maintenance and promotion of The Unicode Standard, a worldwide
character encoding.  The Unicode Standard encodes the characters of the
world's principal scripts and languages, and is code-for-code identical to
the international standard ISO/IEC 10646.  The Consortium also defines
character properties and algorithms for use in implementations.  The
membership base of the Unicode Consortium includes major computer
corporations, software producers, database vendors, research institutions,
international agencies and various user groups.

For further information on the Unicode Standard, visit the Unicode Web site
at http://www.unicode.org or e-mail <info(_at_)unicode(_dot_)org>

Unicode(r) and the Unicode logo are registered trademarks of Unicode, Inc.
Used with permission.