perl-unicode

Re: Problem using Unicode::UCD casefold and casespec.

2003-05-10 13:30:05
My first problem is that the docs for both casefold and casespec tell
me the functions return a ref to a hash but illustrate usage as

    my %casefold = casefold("09dc");

Yes, the documentation for casefold() and casespec() errorneously has
% when it should have $.  Thanks, I'll fix that for 5.8.1-to-be.

However the problem with this is that $casefold comes back as undef.

Because the U+09DC has no 'special folding' (nor 'special casing', for
that matter).  It has only the 'usual' cases (which can be retrieved
using charinfo()).

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this
special