perl-unicode

Unicode 4.0 vs. Perl 5.8.x ?

2003-06-11 13:30:04

Perhaps this is premature, but is there any prognosis about how/when
Unicode 4.0 will be folded into the Perl 5.8 distribution?

Is it conceivable (dare I ask, planned?) that this could be done as
part of the 5.8.1 release?

I don't participate at present in perl-porters or any of the other
core-development-related lists, so I'm utterly in the dark.  But I hope
to be among the first to install 5.8.1 when it's ready, and the first
to use Unicode 4.0 -- esp. the heavily-revised "South Asia" character
sets (i.e. Devanagari) -- when that's ready.

        Dave G.