perl-unicode

utf8_heavy noise

2003-06-21 09:30:04

Greetings,

I've submitted to CPAN the module Convert::Digits which provides a
conversion service for digits found in the scripts of unicode.  It
works fine as best as I can tell but non-fatal errors do appear from
utf8_heavy.pl when working on scripts outside the BMP:

Use of uninitialized value in numeric lt (<) at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.0/utf8_heavy.pl line 197.

This is the first time I've worked with chars outside the BMP so
I don't know what issues to anticipate.  Do I need adjust anything
with the module for this range, or is this a known bug in utf8_heavy?
I'm working with Perl 5.8.0 on RH9.

The error lines will appear when running "make test" or the example
script "examples/digits.pl".  Any advice appreciated.

thanks,

/Daniel