perl-unicode

Re: IO::Socket::INET and utf-8

2003-07-02 05:30:06
Martin J. Evans <martin(_at_)easysoft(_dot_)com> writes:
Attached patch calls PerlIO_binmode() on IoOFP if it exists and
isn't same as IoIFP. It silences the warning on my quick-check
test.

<patch snipped>

Thanks Nick. The patch worked fine for me against stock 5.8.0 sources
(it was 2 lines off but applied fine). The Perl I was working on is
distributed as example code so the patch is not too practical for us at
the moment. Just to clarify, it is my reading you feel this is a bug in
Perl - yes?

Yes - an embarasing one.
Jarkko has already merged my patched version into mainline (5.9.*) and I would
expect it to be in 5.8.1 as well.

--
Nick Ing-Simmons
http://www.ni-s.u-net.com/