perl-unicode

Re: Mixing Unicode and Byte output on a Unicode enabled Perl 5.8.0

2003-10-10 04:30:06
Jarkko

Yes I am using 5.8.0 and your comment about 5.8.1 sees to say it all

Thanks

Frank

PS I like the quote

Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> 10/10/03 11:12:11 >>>
I think this area of 5.8 whilst better than 5.6 may still need some
clarification before the average user can understand it easily.

Are you using 5.8.0 or 5.8.1?  From your description I would guess .0.
I would suggest 1, there the "automatic" conversion was disabled,
the UTF8 locale no more confuses things.

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this
special

This transmission contains information which may be confidential and
which may also be privileged.  It is intended for the named addressee
only.  Unless you are the named addressee, or authorised to receive it
on behalf of the addressee you may not copy or use it, or disclose it
to anyone else.  If you have received this transmission in error please
contact the sender.  Thank you for your cooperation.

For more information about AEA Technology please visit our website at
http://www.aeat.co.uk

AEA Technology plc registered office 329 Harwell, Didcot, Oxfordshire OX11 0QJ.
Registered in England and Wales, number 3095862.