perl-unicode

Re: Keeping byte-wise processing as an option

2004-01-03 04:30:05
5.00503, 5.6.x and 5.8.x. I don't think that the tricks you need to
program around the Unicode cliffs through perl versions are collected
in a document.

I think now that people have had time to "Unicodify" their applications
with 5.8.x, starting to collect the tricks required and found useful would not be a bad idea. Depending on how much material there would be, either the core perlunicode.pod could be augmented, or a completely new pod could be created. Maybe some of the knowledge could be encapsulated in a module? (or a .pl if someone really wants to do at least some Unicode with Perl 4?)

--
Jarkko Hietaniemi <jhi(_at_)iki(_dot_)fi> http://www.iki.fi/jhi/ "There is this special