perl-unicode

Re: [Encode] Request for testing: piconv vs. Win32

2004-10-05 10:30:09
Dan Kogai wrote:

Porters,

Can somebody w/ Win32 access test the patch below mentioned in RT#7831:
"piconv with ascii-incompatible output breaks on Win32" ?

http://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=7831

I have submitted the patch but there was no response from the reporter
and I do not have an access to Win32 platforms right now.

I created the attached "in" file (utf-8) and ran the command-line in the
original bug report:

    piconv -f utf-8 -t UTF-16LE in > out

This produces the attached "out" file, which looks right to me.

I also saved the "in" file to another name in UTF-16LE format using
Windows' Notepad program and the file that it output was identical to
the "out" file produced by piconv.

So that's a thumbs-up from me.  I'm running Encode 2.02 with perl 5.8.5
on Windows XP.

Cheers,
- Steve

PS. Why is my minor enhancement request
(https://rt.cpan.org/NoAuth/Bug.html?id=6695) marked as resolved when it
isn't?

Radan Computational Ltd.

The information contained in this message and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and intended for the addressee(s) only.  If you have received this
message in error or there are any problems, please notify the sender
immediately.  The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this
message is strictly forbidden.  Note that any views or opinions presented in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of Radan Computational Ltd.  The recipient(s) of this message should
check it and any attached files for viruses: Radan Computational will accept no
鏤\xBFHello
world!
Isnt
this