perl-unicode

Re: problem installing Encode module

2004-11-09 03:30:08
Nick Ing-Simmons wrote:

Piyush Shourie <piyush_shourie(_at_)infosys(_dot_)com> writes:

Hi,

I am not able to compile Encode module, as one of the pre-requisites of
Encode module, Text::Iconv does not compile on Windows platform.

When did that happen?

Clearly it didn't, since Text::Iconv isn't in the core perl distro ;)

I assumed that the poster was using Text::Iconv /instead of/ Encode,
since Encode requires 5.7.3+ but the poster is using 5.6.1:-

I am
currently using ActiveState Perl 5.6.1, and cannot upgrade to the newer
version of Perl because of project requirements.

- Steve

This email has been scanned for viruses and content by the Radan Computational
Webshield Appliances.