perl-unicode

About HTML unicode

2004-12-01 21:30:08
Hi list: I've a problem to convert a unicode character into it's decimal or Hexadecimal value. The following URL:
http://code.cside.com/3rdpage/us/unicode/converter.html
can easily convert via Javascript function escape(), but i wonder that is there some method or function or modules can do the same job?? If i can do it, then in one html page, i can display ont only chinese, but also japanese, korea etc... This is something like HTML unicode, am i right? The ord() function can't do the job because it return the incorrect decimal value. perhaps i do not describe this question clearly, and hope all can excuse me :) Thanks a lot if anybody can give me some advise, i'm new to unicode!
----
HZQBBC < hzqbbc (at) damail (dot) cn >