perl-unicode

Wide character support for perl curses

2005-01-13 08:15:09
Hi all,

I realize that this isn't a curses forum, but I wasn't able to find a better
perl curses forum to ask this on.  If someone knows of a better place to ask
perl curses questions, please let me know.

I've inherited a curses install and some utilities and need to get them
working with wide characters so that people can properly view strings in
Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, and Korean.  We're currently using
the curses 1.06 module and perl 5.8.

I would have bet money that someone had already written wide character
support into perl curses at some point, but Googling around has not been
much help at all.

My questions for you:  Are you aware of a perl curses package/implementation
which includes wide character support?

If so, where can I find it?

If not, is there no other recourse other than writing the functions in
myself?  Eg addwstr, etc.

Thank you in advance for your time,

Jeremy